Saturday, November 2, 2013

working at Denny's

I started working at Denny's.  To much distraction at home.  So, for the past month or so, I've been taking my legal pad, my notes, my pencils and pens, and started spreading them out across the counter at Denny's.  At the 'check-out' one late-night, I noticed a small posted comment on the wall behind the register, "Who needs a corner office when you've got the corner booth" - finally realizing, now I could just take over that back booth - that perfect fit, to finally finish writing those difficult lengthy captions for an upcoming photography exhibit.

About 11:00 pm Thursday night, when I typically arrive, I was ready to set up - not realizing it was Halloween. I noticed my server friend (I call her "sweetie"), Kimberly all dressed up. And, as always, she had that special twinkle in her eye. A real sweetheart, even though I rarely order bacon.

Today / tonight, I'm working on that final caption, and after completion, I will certainly miss my new late-night friends - and surely, that new found office space.





No comments:

Post a Comment