Saturday, November 16, 2013

two cars down

Yesterday was a little crazy.  My wife Sandy and I dropped off her car yesterday morning at the auto body shop after an accident she was involved in from the prior week.  Her vehicle needed a new front bumper and repairs to the front end.

In the afternoon, Sandy borrowed my truck to go to physical therapy.  At about 7:00 pm, I get a call from an EMT saying that they were transporting my 'wife' to the hospital - "she was broadsided in an accident" - could you meet her at Doctor's Hospital, in the ER?

Arriving very anxious at one of our worst, and understaffed hospitals, I felt noxious. Had to have a cigarette before I could walk in through the doors.  Went to the nurses' station and they assured me she was going to be OK.  They had her in radiology.  Time for another cigarette.

Sandy is goin' to be alright, a little banged up, but alright.  She will just need a little more physical therapy. But, thank god for our son's, Wilson's truck - our last vehicle.  Somewhat dependable, but hadn't been started in over a month.  Driving home from the hospital late, Sandy a little medicated and still in shock said, "This isn't such a bad truck".  But, I didn't tell her, on my way to the ER, that a roach had crawled up from underneath the seat, and up inside my shirt - and that, I had nearly wrecked my son's truck.







No comments:

Post a Comment