Wednesday, October 23, 2013

a cheering crowd

My son Matt had just flown in from California to do some photo shoots for a local client.  Always busy, I was hoping on his last day, to at least get my son back out on the water.  Been years - I raised that boy fishing - and being on the water, those were the best of times with the kids.

Well, Matt and I went out this afternoon and we were doin' well - catching fish. The wind was fresh from the north, so we drifted downwind on different spots.  One large Snook had already broken a line, so Matt was taking it serious. And, was doing his best to help me get this one in, so we could finally release it.

As we drifted up close to a 'sea-walled' property, with neither one of us paying attention, suddenly a loud cheer went up. And, with some hand clapping coming from an ongoing, outside house party (twenty or more folks), I believe that Snook got more pleasure - and was more stunned, than we were.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment