Monday, February 1, 2021

last night someone asked .....

if a photo posted recently on an on-line history site, showing a group of young horseback riders galloping along Siesta's, Shell Road beach (early 60's) - could have also included me?

No, but there is a family photo of me at age seven (1957) competing in the Out-of-Door School's Annual Horse Show. I'm atop my English rider, and may not be galloping, but I won a Blue Ribbon that year - in dressage - walk, trot and canter. 

We used to stable our ponies on the school property (shown in background). Behind Out-of-Door, there were numerous trails, to the beach, to Siesta Village and trails running all along the bayside. On the trails we rode 'western'. In fact in those early days, I rode frequently into the "Village", along a winding route through what is now Siesta Isles. And there, in the Village was my favorite store - the Siesta Sundries. They even had a hitching post.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment