Tuesday, February 16, 2021

old buddies

Really, a youngster's companion - and later sidekick. 

Rick Peek flew over for a visit, to stay and play, while I was attending to my 2nd year in college studying photography at England's, Medway College of Design. We both loved motorbikes, so while there, Rick bought himself a brand new BSA Starfire to bob around the countryside. 

Young and crazy, twice we were written-up in the newspapers - and once, both of us were featured in an international event of our own cause. Then, me riding my Triumph, he on his 'Beezer'.  Fun times, miss him.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a stack of old (buried) prints from the clean-up of my recently flooded darkroom. 

Rick "on the dock of the bay", fifty some years ago (1970).  Actually on the brackish River Medway (Rochester, Kent, England), with his new BSA Starfire, 250 single.





No comments:

Post a Comment