Tuesday, August 20, 2019

In the midst of hurricane season .....

.... and nothin' much happening. So far, very still, quiet. 

Not like two years ago, after seeing our lagoon nearly emptied by Hurricane Irma. And returning home from the aftermath - finding a debris field stretched across the length of the property, with a well-tended garden torn all to pieces. Knuckles and I had decided to return early, when most islanders had not yet.

This summer, I bought a new tent - a four man, 7 foot high stand-up version as a possible emergency backup -  but mostly for my soon to be, back-road exploration of a coastal region along Florida's west coast. Soon I will buy another small outboard to be fitted on the transom of my trusty old, Old Town canoe. I already have the roof rack. Now I just need to find any odd friend, ready to enjoy an adventure. Might just have to be the dog.


The new tent fits right in as a temporary back-up (and for Knuckle's, a favorite shelter from the storm).






No comments:

Post a Comment