Friday, May 4, 2018

current mentor

Today at 95, and next month turning 96, "Gerry" Smith, has been my inspiration, my personal instructor and trusty "bowls" coach for the past three years - and always happy, happy with that big smile.

Just last month, Gerry was awarded a long-time-coming, national Life Time Acheivement Award for her exceptional contribution to the sport of U.S. Lawn Bowling. And today at our Club, she proudly showed me her newly issued driver's license (an exam she easily passed the day before) and good for an additional 6 more years - until the age of 102.

Gerry's always smiling, joking, but when it comes to pictures, "No smiles - I just don't like to show off my teeth."  But from inside out, what a sweetheart gal .... and a very proud, very accomplished young woman.







No comments:

Post a Comment