Thursday, July 2, 2015

permanent (and temporarily on hold)


My exhibition (Florida Portraits) was taken down this morning, a little more than one year after it's initial "opening" at Sarasota County's public Terrace Building. The exhibition space will soon be undergoing a major remodeling for county administrative purposes - and hopefully a public access for the better.

A little saddened once again, seeing my old buddies - wrapped in bubble-wrap, labeled in cardboard boxes and carted temporarily upstairs. These portraits were part of my sister, Caren's collection of prints that she once treasured.  Removing them today, I found myself remembering each subject - individually, personally, fondly.

(below) The county's contracted framer and installer Marc Volpe, holding a portrait of high-wire aerialist, Mario Wallenda. Coincidentally, it was the last portrait to be packed out of the 41 - and the last portrait that my sister and I worked on together, using taped interviews and camera.






No comments:

Post a Comment