Friday, July 17, 2015

Diagonostic Center

Yesterday, early evening, I was referred for three more MRI's.  This time around, a two and a half hour procedure with two more brain scans and an additional neck with upper chest area view.  With a  different focus, the sounds of the 'magnetom' equipment seemed sharper, more precise, while now looking for that disruptive pressure point located somewhere along an optic nerve.

And this time - no photos from me.  Just the knowledge that my molecules were once again, being pushed around.  And oddly before leaving, with my first sip of water, I experienced a totally unique taste. Difficult to describe. Should have at least photographed that cup of plain water left sitting there.

Well this morning, I woke up feeling disorientated, sluggish, as if I'd been on a drinking binge. Last night, before leaving the Center, I had asked the "technologist" about any possible cumulative effects after having 5 MRI's within several weeks.  He did his best to reassure me - and instead, complimented me on how well I did on - "holding still".  Being a photographer, I totally understood - and had more than complied with his wishes.  I came away this time believing that now, I've become a better - and now good patient.



No comments:

Post a Comment