Friday, November 7, 2014

Central Valley, CA

Went to visit my old pal, my young buddy Josh and his sweet wife Chrissy, who had left Florida several years ago for California's, Central Valley.

Their town, Exeter - is the "Citrus Capitol of the World" and historically settled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.  And, in an interesting side note, Exeter's founder named the town after his hometown of Exeter, in rural Devon, England, where I attended college during my first year abroad.

So with that rooted connection, the next day Josh graciously let me borrow his Bonneville (his beloved motorbike) - and I rode through those foothills, and high up into the elevation.  His bike was tuned-in like a bumble bee, and with no traffic and a newly paved road, I found the only one hair-raising feature - a loose black cow, that for awhile ran panicked, right along beside me.  One of life's memorable rides.


On the road to Exeter - in a dry, dusty, and drought ridden Central Valley.





A mural in downtown Exeter, showing the happy and contented local 'orange pickers'.





The foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.








No comments:

Post a Comment