Sunday, May 4, 2014

swimming naked

Forty some years ago, we used to skinny-dip as delinquents, playfully drifting down a long and winding waterway, all along an ancient river bed - called "Horse Creek", in rural DeSoto County.

This morning, I pulled over on this new bridge crossing that same creek - and looked down deep below.  Didn't see a soul, other than me, just coincidentally reflected in my mirror.

Only hours later, while just riding along, just dreaming, I soon became overwhelmed with damn swarming, incestuous "love-bugs".  Actually all were splattered - on my jacket, face, hands, helmet and motorcycle.  Again, even along that same roadside path, stopping for that one casual cigarette break, I had a small black 'racer' (normally a friendly snake) aggressively approach me, and cautiously, he struck at my boot.  Always good to be out and about, and to feel that oneness with all nature.








No comments:

Post a Comment