Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I finally found Gwen, picking up some curbside trash

It was about two months ago, when I had first interviewed Gwen's husband - "Mr Whetzel" (posted on my Journal, back in March).  He was that busy caretaker over at the St. John's Cemetery along Bee Ridge Road.  Today, I finally met his wife, Gwen, dutifully picking up cigarette butts and trash along that same busy intersection, along Bee Ridge and Highway 41.  I pulled in at that newly built, next door McDonald's parking lot, just to see how she was doin'.  And, she really seemed to be perfectly happy and fine with her duties - and more than proud of her husband's care-taking work at the historic "Crocker" Graveyard next-door.  Both now, have been at it for the past 18 years.










No comments:

Post a Comment