Friday, September 27, 2013

the great outdoors

For the past four days we've had over 8 inches of rain and today, it finally broke.  Was raring to get the canoe back out on the water, but the tides were wrong and the water had been turned, a deep blood colored red.

So instead I turned my attention back to the motorbike.  In a little over a week, I'll be heading out for a road trip.  Spent this morning just going over the bike - looking for any unknown surprises - and from the rear wheel, found several broken spokes and a few loose ones.  So, this afternoon, I moseyed over to the motorcycle shop to inquire about parts and labor.  Hap's Cycle has been around since the late '40's and it's always that big adventure to wander through their shop.  Collecting dust in today's find, two unique motorbikes.  And, both beautiful.  Makes me want to be outdoors.


An original 1956 Bonneville



And, a unique 1952 Whizzer



No comments:

Post a Comment