Monday, September 16, 2013

club scene

Rarely go out anymore, but on the rare occasion, I do.  Awhile back I read in the paper about a national act to play locally, in a local club.  The hook for me was the harmonica player - an old white 'cat' in his seventies.

Showed up early for that seat at the bar.  Within twenty minutes there were people standing in front of me, blocking the view.  I remember when I was young, when the club got packed, we would all just sit on the floor - stage front.  I guess now we're all to old for that nonsense.

Well this brings up a post from an old friend, older than I, from a heated comment on his blog, complaining about his recent club experience.  As a photographer, he was shooting away, non-stop, but got hell from the band.  Told to "Fuck Off."

Awhile back I had a similar experience.  Two young, and up-and-coming musicians were warming up, but with my iPhone camera, I got to close - and I felt their wrath.  I apologized.  I guess that's what is expected today.  Both were good, real good and cute - and both, that new hot and up-and-coming musician.








No comments:

Post a Comment