Sunday, January 20, 2013

recalling different generations

Two guns - two purposes. Guns inherited from two different generations of my family.

My grandfather collected and fired many weapons, but as a collector, he appreciated the design and craftsmanship, as well as their intended use for marksmanship.

My father was more focused on personal protection.  'Spencer' kept a 410 shotgun under his bed - and always, fully loaded. In his later years, when my father was diagonosed with demintia, I removed and unintentionally inherited his own personal choice - the "snake charmer".

I've always preferred that earlier generation - admiring the beauty and the marksmanship - and today, so far removed from those sobering headlines.

(grandfather)  R. Weiss 'target' rifle.



(father)  410 shotgun - the "Snake Charmer".




No comments:

Post a Comment