Saturday, December 8, 2012

old family friends, sharing ...

Hadn't seen Ulla in many a moon.  Ulla - and my wild & beautiful step-mother, Jo-Ann (wildly known around town, as the "Indian Princess"), were best buddies / friends during my short teenage years.

Well, I ran into Ulla the other other day and she invited me over to share - photos, stories and some of their bad behavior.  Back in the early '60's, JoAnn and a partner had just opened the first Lilly Pulitzer shop on the west coast of Florida - and Ulla, had just recently arrived from Sweden, young and innocent. They worked, played and internationally "jet-setted" together - until my step-mother JoAnn, died in 1968.




Ulla's refrigerator.




And a beautiful young Ulla, modeling Lilly Pulitzer's first daring bikini. (1965)



No comments:

Post a Comment