Tuesday, December 26, 2023

gifting

Kind of a big surprise, when my daughter (Crete) and son-in-law (Gordie), came down and gifted me this big red box containing a 6-piece Craftsman tool kit. 

A few weeks before I had only mentioned that when they came down, could Gordie help me with a small outdoor project. Meaning could he do it, while I watch, and be a helper of sorts? Little did Gordie know that I have never owned a proper power tool before. Or even by happenstance, come across a helpful do-it-yourself tutorial that would have at once inspired me. While growing up, I never even saw a hammer.

Today, Gordie used most of the new Craftsman pieces while completing a rather straight-forward job. Down the road, the arbor area below could use a sprucing-up, a re-build. And now I'm more than thankful to have been gifted an opportunity to develop a new and long-awaited skill.  I’ve got the tools.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment