Tuesday, August 25, 2020

new special friend

At first I admired the outfit, then the jewelry - then Annie - sitting, while we all sat waiting at Denny's.

Her jewelry - around her neck, wrist and around her waist. Some seemed to be in the form of obscure personal identification, some religious, and then there were the "jingle bells" hanging, attached all about her. Annie's face, her hat and her exposed baldness, her mouth, her smile covered by a face mask made from duct tape.  And a unique folding walking-stick, held out by one arm.

Annie loved all the compliments that I could give her. Then it switched - she had more questions for me then I had of her. Annie stared off during most of our conversation, then me, finally realizing - that Annie was without sight, blind.  New friends.

   




No comments:

Post a Comment