Wednesday, November 20, 2019

back in the chair again

This morning I went through a 3 1/2 hour sitting, and once more in a prone dental chair. First, grinding 2 teeth to seat a temporary bridge needed after an upper molar was recently pulled.  Teeth # 2, 3, 4 (bridge prep for upper right rear molars).

And, as if by fate, I badly cracked an old crown the night before, which split the tooth in half. That tooth also grounded down for a new crown replacement.  Tooth # 14 (upper left front molar).

They're a good natured dental shop. The dental assistant and dentist talked through-out most of the procedure, about what each were having for lunch after.  They seemed relaxed, and like to laugh a lot. So, being free-wheeling, I kindly asked if they would allow me occasionally to get up and take a few shots. They liked that idea.

A whole plethora of probes, tools and syringes.





Grinding to fit the temporary (three tooth) bridge.





Finished - the assistant, Marlena surprising me with a parting gift.  My old (20 something year old) 18 carat gold crown. Actually pretty hefty.






Though, the biggest excitement came when I went to check out - $6,569.00. And supposedly, the little dental insurance that I do have will only cover about one third of the cost. The office secretary rang it up on my card and then mentioned casually - that, that old gold crown might be worth something.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment