Friday, February 1, 2019

sometimes I miss

For several days now, I've been driving along Siesta Drive, with eyes drawn to a small historic landmark, an early Sarasota "bungalow", after it had recently become surrounded by yellow tape, and after heavy equipment seemingly appeared overnight. I should have stopped.

The home was much older than my time, but always stood out as that example of Sarasota's early, popular, Mediterranean Revival style. I grew to admire it from afar, after a long familiarity and it's local originality, when either coming off the north bridge, or heading back home towards the bay.  We'll today, this small home magically disappeared, reduced to ruble - and all within, let's say, less than an hour.






The house below still stands as an example, half a block up, and on the same side of the road.  One of the few remaining early Mediterranean Rival, 'Spanish' styled bungalows, left on Siesta Drive.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment