Tuesday, July 25, 2017

bar dogs

Regan, a 6 year old Wire Fox Terrier, from a Canadian CKC championship line, is a daytime regular at one of our local dive bars. The Red Barn has quite a few of these type of 'regulars', and I must admit, I take my own pup there on the occasion.  (true story - It's been many years since I first started wearing my boots daily, long ago, when I was bitten on the ankle by a 'service' dog at a local bar).

Regan's owner Don, recently told me, "I used to hit the bars often, but when I lost my wife, she (Regan) now keeps me home at night.  She's a very determined dog - and will play hard with the big guys. 'She loves to kill fruit rats. Female terriers are the hunters - and I've never seen another rat since the time, I first brought her home.'"

"Now being alone, I pick my car rides and typically she's always very 'determined' - always raring to go".








No comments:

Post a Comment