Friday, December 30, 2016

backyard secrets

I ran into an old friend of mine John, the other day - it had been awhile.

John Lambie, and his noted father locally, had both contributed greatly to an experimental legacy that began here in Sarasota. And with John, with his early-on environmental-friendly, Florida House (1992) - John inspired for many, the responsible need for future "eco-friendly" construction and home design, that reached out on a national level.

John had invited me to his annual holiday party earlier in the week. And, I was the first to arrive (must have gotten the time wrong), but it provided for me, an opportunity to wander and peer at his small, yet very unique backyard.

John described it as, a "perma-culture" garden, inspired by the late German social reformer, the esoteric - Rudolf Steiner. It would all be to difficult to explain - or even at times, try to understand, but I do like to grow things - and the study of "bio-dynamics" seem to resonate for me, from somewhere.






















  

No comments:

Post a Comment