Thursday, April 17, 2014

Unlike me, I was just too busy (no photos)

Just finished hanging an exhibition last night that was more than a year in the making - an important personal project of thirty some years of photographic field work - and aptly titled, Florida Portraits.

Supported through Sarasota County Historical Resources and Sarasota's County government, the county took this on as a part of their permanent loan collection and approved this large portfolio for public exhibition.

The odd thing - I forgot to take some photos. Working right along side the exhibition's installer, with his two attending Papillon dogs - and with the county's archivist / curator - somehow I just forgot. Very unlike me. Though last night, I did have a few good laughs and many, many fond memories of all these photographic characters that once stood in front of me - who lent me their personal stories and shared their important family histories. But, last night, no photos were taken.  Just the 41 portraits (with short individual narratives) - all left to view, just hanging there on the walls.

(thanks Caren)



No comments:

Post a Comment