Thursday, July 18, 2013

always good to be home

After two weeks of travel, and being delayed first by a major plane crash, then days later, two flat tires on an outgoing American Airlines - I came home not feeling well and with a deep chest cold.

That first drive home when entering town, down that exotic North Tamiami Trail is always a treat, especially if you're paying attention to the signage.  At home, the dog didn't seem to recognize me and the yard mosquitoes seemed feistier than ever.  My upcoming exhibition had been delayed once again and my motorbike wouldn't start - so yesterday I made a doctor's appointment and went to buy that new battery. On the way, I stopped by our local community radio station for some information, and while there, a big commotion and arrest was going on next door at the homeless's Resurrection House. My doctor seemed a little sluggish too - told me I had acute bronchitis - but, the nurse was nice and said she wished I felt better.  Crossing the bridge I saw a discouraged "Billy".  Says he might now have to get a job and possibly, have to go back to living with his mother.

I've been feeling weak and tired from dealing with the congestion for so long, that last night, I started on my new scripts and this morning I woke up with a good case of diarrhea from those damn antibiotics.

But maybe now, I can finally finish that novel that I bought at the first airport, nearly three weeks ago.









No comments:

Post a Comment