Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Billy update; (from january 24th)

This afternoon, after having been out of town for a week, I checked up on my old buddy, Billy "the Birdman".

Up at the north bridge, I found Billy whistling for one of his new offspring - the young Osprey fledgling - Henry.  Who, just being skyward, now acrobatically swooped down within inches of the bay's surface, then suddenly turning his wings outward and radically upward - responded to his call.

"Yesterday, I probably had eleven kids come by and visit. And so many, after reading about my arrest, keep stopping by to give me a little extra. I hate that money, so I always refuse".

Billy appears just a bit more sun burnt, but doin' well - and his new young "Henry" looks to be very fast, and well fed.





(Edit note)  Sunday the 23rd - four days later

As I was coming back over the bridge last night, after buying some smokes, I noticed three police cruisers parked at the 'bridge' park, lights on and engines running.

Swung back and found an irate young family standing around their pick-up, which was backed up, close to the seawall. Apparently Billy had objected to their loud music and had threatened them. Besides the officers, a supervisor was called and after a forty minute determination, one of the cops told me to remind Billy, "he has 48 hours to pack it up, all of his belongings - and move along".

Outside, early this morning from all around my lagoon, the chatter from the nearby Osprey's was particularly loud and vocal. So much so, that those nesting family Osprey's drowned out all of the typical songs from my vocal yard birds that normally greet me at sunrise.



No comments:

Post a Comment