Wednesday, February 20, 2013

officially retired



Had my teeth cleaned today, early - then went on to the Social Security Administration - and filed for my retirement. It wasn't the 'work world' that finally tired me out - it was from all those years, having to raise such a large family.

My appointment at the SSA was at 11:17 am.  There, I sat down with an agent named R. Smith. After a brief introduction and exchanging some relevant information - the conversation started like this.......

Smith -  "This conversation will be recorded, under penalty of perjury. Do you accept?"

myself - "yes."

Smith -  "What was your occupation?"

myself - "Photographer."

Agent Smith leaned back, hesitated, then with a little excitement in his voice,  said .... "Have you ever taken photos of those young women at NFL games?"

Starting in March, the 4th Wednesday of every month, and until death -  I will be receiving monthly, an electronic transfer of $346.00 into my checking account.




No comments:

Post a Comment