Saturday, June 30, 2012

low oil pressure warning light switch

On motorcycles, mechanical parts always seem so downsized. Got stumped on this one - so pulled out the workshop manual. A 22mm rubber boot, appearing to protect a electrical connector, had blown off from it's source while riding and had fallen into the cuff of my jeans. Found it only after throwing the jeans into the washer.

I knew it came off of the bike from somewhere - but where?  Which soon became a two hour mission with reading glasses, a flashlight and a few photos to reference the manual. Now, I've never been mechanically inclined - so, it's always a big mystery and a long process.

Once the location was determined, from just under the fuel tank and behind the upper cylinder heads, I pondered the necessity of replacing the missing 'boot'.  For me, especially in my past, everything always became so damn complicated. So finally in the end (and for a new beginning), I just decided that the part really just didn't seem that important.






No comments:

Post a Comment