Thursday, March 15, 2012

paperwork & paper

It's been 7 months since our 'Gramma Jo' died.

My mother-in-law was a real sweetheart, but a fanatic about paperwork, receipts, records etc. For many years, in her early life, she worked a daily-life as an accountant - paper, pencil, eraser and a hard-bound ledger ever ready.

So today, I believe she would be extremely proud. Her final paperwork of files, statements, receipts, bills, deeds, wills and last wishes collected and sorted for relevance, that I've kept in my briefcase, are now all complete. But really, Gramma would be particularily proud of 'her' Michele, her grand-daughter-in-law and 'final' executor, who dove in and kept the probate process honest and always moving forward with the attorney's -  all with her endless 'paper-less' e-mail correspondence and those final constant updates.

Sometimes, 'Gramma Jo' would say to me - that I was full of "GĂ“WNO" (polish for shit) - but I know, she only ever meant it as a sincere compliment.








No comments:

Post a Comment